Thursday, October 31, 2013

Lots of News...

Hello everyone:
I have some new rulers to tell you about.  They are more than wonderful!  These rulers are becoming more popular every day.  I keep trying new ones and I haven't found one I didn't like yet.  Here are some pictures of the ones I've tried so far but I know I'll soon have then all.  If you think you'd like one, you can purchase by just e-mailing me and I'll give you the details and send it out to you.

Here's the first one I tried - the half square triangle.  I was so pleased with the outcome of these blocks.  This ruler is available in 1.5", 2.5", 3.5", 4.5", 5.5", 6.5" 8.5", 9.5" and 12.5" square sizes.  They are also offered in sets, which are more economical.  

This first picture shows the ruler which is used to square up the oversized block. 
The next picture shows how the ruler is placed on the block and the groove locks on to the seam, ready for trimming.  Then you see the perfect half square triangle block all trimmed up - easy peasy!
I was so pleased with the way these blocks turned out using the half square triangle - and fast too!


When I was so pleased with the half square triangles, just had to try the flying geese.  I've always hated making the geese when you use different colours on each side.  Using these rulers makes this process a breeze.  Here are some pictures.

The first shows the ruler I used to square up the flying geese and the second picture is my block finished.  I'd now like to make a quilt with more flying geese blocks.  They certainly don't intimidate me any more.

 





Didn't they turn out great!  There are so many sizes, even the tiny sizes that are used in the Jo Morton patterns.

Well, I couldn't stop with those two rulers, had to order the Triangle In A Square System.  I have a pattern I'd like to make that this ruler will be perfect for.  In the first picture you'll see there are 3 pieces.  You get the two over sized templates to cut your fabric, along with the double grooved trimming ruler to lock onto both seams.  Think of all the blocks and sashings you can make with this ruler.



This second picture shows the block before trimming with the ruler ready to go, along with the completed block - perfect.



I think I'll try the Half Rectangle Triangle Square Up Ruler next - looks very interesting.

If you want to see a very good tutorial on this ruler, go to happyquiltingmelissa.blogspot.com.  She is a more experienced blogger than I am and her pictures are wonderful.

Remember, if you want any of these rulers, just e-mail me.

Happy quilting, and may your bobbin always be full.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment