Thursday, September 11, 2014

That's Not The End of The Story....

No, the story goes on.  After we started for home, our computer would not work.  We couldn't figure out what the problem was but, we were very wary since having all these strange e-mails.  Well, when it went completely black and we couldn't use it at all, found out it was truly dead and could not be revived.  Really, it's only a few years old - don't they last longer than that?  Guess not.  We'd better get a new one and this time I wanted one that was the fastest and had the newest hard drive, etc., etc.  Well, that didn't last long either.  Back to the store for a new one.  This one didn't last long before it was giving trouble too - send it to the manufacturer and get it fixed.  Seems I had a software problem.  All this time, my DH moved over to let me do the things I absolutely had to do on his computer.  It was not easy some days but we came through.  Now to get used to 8.1 - I'm still working on that.  Sometimes it's just easier to move to the old computer - it may be slow but it's easier to use.  

After getting the computer fiasco fixed up, I had the opportunity to go to the Vermont Quilt Festival.  Four of us girls went and we had a blast.  Quilts were great but the vendors and shops were even greater - at least that's what my wallet said!  

It wasn't long before someone was using my credit card again.  I hate it when people charge trips to my card and don't invite me!  Here we go again, calling and having the card cancelled and having to wait for the new one.  Glad they don't take too long to arrive.  I don't know how this is happening but twice in 4 months is just about enough.  

Things seem to have calmed down now and I'm certainly glad of that.

I didn't get much sewing done over the summer.  I started on a few Christmas ideas and have to show you the quilt I put together on a retreat in the Spring.  It has been really popular and I hope you like it.
It's a wonderful, cozy flannel and kits for this quilt will be available very shortly.  I've run out of one of the fabrics and am waiting for it to arrive.  Shouldn't be long now.


I've gotten a few more things made for Christmas and will post them next week.  


Until then, may your bobbins always be full.



1 comment:

  1. Udehra Fasteners Limited Is Exporter and manufacturer all types of fasteners, bolt and screw from 1993 In India. We stock a wide variety of standard fasteners and offer wide range.

    Fastener Suppliers

    ReplyDelete